Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solenoide Valve Control using Serial port of Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitpatel_be

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vb6 and picaxe 18x

Hi , I am new commer programmer , i want to Control multiple device using Serial port . Actually my Target is to control 8 Liquid Solenoide valve using Serial port . But First to Suggest me how to control different Device using Serial port.
I want to Use VB6 as Programming Language

Pls Help me

programming solenoide

Sounds like a nice job to introduce your to the world of PICAXE!

To control devices through serial port you will need to add microcontroller such as PICAXE, PIC, or any other which you are familiar with ..
This microcontroller will take signals from the PC's serial port, decode them and drive a transistor which will activate a solenoid ..
If I were you I would go for PICAXE-18 ( https://www.technologystudent.com/pics/pax1.htm ) ..
It has buid in serial interface and all what you need to connect it to the PC's serial port are 2 resistors ..
Next, it has 8 digital outputs .. And finally, it is extremally easy to program it (also through PC's serial port) using BASIC editor (free) .. see picture below ..

All what you need to do is to send a number, for example 30h, to set output0 H, and 31h to set the output0 L, 32h to set output1 H and 33h to set output1 L , and so on ..

Regards,
IanP

diy computer interfacing solenoid

Very much thank u to Suggest me such microcontroller like Picaxe.
Dear how to put Security code into such type of microcontroller , i want to flash programm into this microcontroller , which programmer is usefull for it. or we can directly do it with serial port programming in visual basic. pls suggest me.
pls give me your mail address .

Can this thing is possible with PIC16f84A or AT89c2051/4051 microcontroller. if it is then pls suggest me . i wait for your reply.

yes, you can use PIC16f84A or AT89c2051/4051 microcontroller, before this make sure you have proper programmer.

you have to buy programmer or look for some diy burners, if you want to build on your own.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back