Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soldermasks in PowerPCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

dossdev

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using PowerPCB and am trying to keep a component which is basically a large pad from being uncovered in the soldermask layer. I can accomplish this by turning off the "pads" attribute in the CAM section, however this keeps the smt pads from being left unmasked. I realize that I could modify the gerbers, but would rather take care of this at the native PCB level. Any help would be appreciated.

I take it you have not got your resist and paste setup in all your library part Padstacks.
If this is the case then I think editing the gerbers is your best option.
I have had dozens of companies asking me if I could update there libraries for them automatically so I wrote a tool to do it.
If you want me to run it on your libraries let me know.

PCBL said:
I take it you have not got your resist and paste setup in all your library part Padstacks.
If this is the case then I think editing the gerbers is your best option.
I have had dozens of companies asking me if I could update there libraries for them automatically so I wrote a tool to do it.
If you want me to run it on your libraries let me know.

How should I do it manually for just one or two parts? I think it's the job for Decal Editor?

presto said:
How should I do it manually for just one or two parts? I think it's the job for Decal Editor?

You have to do it to all the decals in the design. Doing one or two parts would not be sufficient.

hi dossdev,
if i understand, your cam out not have all pads required for solder mask ?

Do you have copper areas associated to a pins ? If yes you only need to set flags 'pin with asoociated copper' in CAM layers setting.

Let me know, best skywalker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back