Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

soldering station recommendation needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeldazzz

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Recently, I start looking for a soldering station for my freelance project. Did some research. Here are 3 models I am looking. My budget is lower than $100. Not sure if you guys can give me some word of wisdom on this. What your experience with any of these models. Thank you very much.
Weller WESD51, Aoyue 937, Hakko FX888.

I've own numerous Weller units over the years and have been very satisfied.

If you can afford the Weller WESD51, I would recommend that particular unit.

If you cannot afford the Weller and while I've never own a Hakko, I have heard they make a nice unit for the price.

BigDog

I heard lot of good things about the weller WESD51. It is slightly over my budget. I research into the Hakko FX888. It is good but discontinued model. FX888d is the current model. But, not sure if any of guys here used it. Thank you for the advice.

I second bigdogguru. If possible, definitely go get WESD51. I have WES51 at home. It works great. For hakko, I heard that some people complain that it displays preset temperature instead of tip temperature. see the review here. **broken link removed** That only is a turndown for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back