Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

soldering iron - link or scheme needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabouk

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

Does anyone have a link or a scheme for making a temperature controller or dimmer for 220volts soldering iron and possibly with a digital posting ?

Thanks in advance.

I have temperature regulated iron, but always use full power. Regulation is just for preventing overheating of the iron instead of getting at exact desired temp.

Quick solution for fine temp. regulation is not obvious to me, since sensor would have to be placed right on the heater.

Some years ago, I used ordinary diode and a switch to do the trick. When you want the trickle power, just put a diode in series with iron. And when you need 100% use switch to short diode, so the iron gets both halves of the sine. It worked well for me...

Hi sabouk

You can look at this design and see if it helps you.
h*+p://members.shaw.ca/roma2/iron.pdf
h+*p://members.shaw.ca/roma/

Good luck

Hi,
this is no good idea to soldering with 220W soldering iron. I work with 24V - this is more secure. Most of professional solders work on this voltage or small. When i recive acsses to FM i upload my shematic based on LM324 single supply OpAmp.
I work with this over 4 years and no have problems.

Regards.

I used a 220V 25W soldering iron about 10 years. I placed a 1N4148 diode in reverse polarity as a temperature sensor. And a op-amp controlled circuit to turn the resistor on and off.

Please use a double contact relay to switch the soldering iron, never use semiconductors.
Diode is in reverse order, leaks at high temperatures and works like a resistor. I connected it with silicone cables that durable for high temperature which are used in ovens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back