Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solar radiation sensor implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.

benarjee

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all ,

i recently started the solar radiation sensor project. can anyone help me ? my specifications are spectral responsivity 300nm to 1100nm.
range should me 0 to 2000w/m2.

i selected the one part number from ams website,
i.e TSL2591 which gives the range of 188 to 88000 lux. and can u give me conversion from lux to w/m2? is the above part numbr meets my requirements thanks in advance.

Regards,

benarjee(Sr.Engineer)
ASTRA MICROWAVE PRODUCTS LIMITED.

Hi,

datasheet says:

Re, Irradiance responsivity given in counts/(μW/cm2)

also the ADC count value is given with an fixed Ee = 4.98 μW/cm2, and Ee = 5.62 μW/cm2 respectively.

With this you should be able to calculate your values.

Klaus

Thnx for ur valuable response.

Is that ams part number meets my requirement .if meet can u give calculation part?

Hi,

1uW/ cm^2 = 10mW/m^2 = 0.01W/m^2

I'm sure the rest you can calculate yourself.

Klaus

thanx klaus

In datasheet adc max count 34500 uw/cm2 .i calculated to meet my requirements i.e 2000w/m2. so (34500 uw/cm2)/100 =345w/m2 .but i need 2000w/m2. is there any gain settings required to get 2000w/m2.

pls help me on it.thnx in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back