Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar battery storage and electrolytic capacitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupoftea

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

it seems clear that said battery is lithium ion, and that it contains electronics to charge and discharge AC, at 50Hz (UK).
as i read the spec sheet, it is guaranteed for 10 years.
this probably assumes regular maintenance, whatever that is
i think the questions about electrolytic caps is somewhat moot - since the battery as a whole is guaranteed,
all the internal parts are likewise guaranteed.

i think the better question is, what does payback mean, what assumptions went into it, and how was it calculated?
my brother installed solar panels on an outbuilding on his farm with two(?) of this sort of Tesla battery in Kentucky.
he believes that about 10 months out of the year, his meter will run "backward"
for the two or three months its been working, he's very happy with the system

he said payback on the solar was about 5 years, but once you add the batteries, forget it.
i think his primary goal was a house and barn-wide uninterruptible power supply

By the way, of course, there is no way of saying that the company mentioned in the top post is any worse than any other company thats involved in the same game. Just put it as an example as its a well known name/product that people can relate to...and because i was weighing up whether to buy one.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.