Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soil moisture sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu840

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
I want to use a soil moisture sensor for a project which involves its interfacing with the microcontroller. Can anybody please recommend me which type of moisture sensor should i use and can it be interfaced with hyperterminal.

[moved]problem with a sensor

Dear all;
I'm using a soil moisture sensor for my college project. But suppose that i need to implement it in a field of area say 500 acres. Where a moisture of every place will be different then how a single sensor can do the task for such a great area and using of multiple sensor will increase the cost of establishment of the project.

Re: [moved]problem with a sensor

Dear all;
I'm using a soil moisture sensor for my college project. But suppose that i need to implement it in a field of area say 500 acres. Where a moisture of every place will be different then how a single sensor can do the task for such a great area and using of multiple sensor will increase the cost of establishment of the project.

To sense soil moisture over such area, using local sensors would require a huge sensor network with many complications.
Since 1970s, for such task, microwave radiometers are used, located above the area (on airplanes, towers or blimps). Google "soil moisture detection by microwave radiometers", also "microwave remote sensing applications".

Status
Not open for further replies.