Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soil moisture sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soil Moisture Sensor

I`m designing a soil moisture sensor.
Reason: for automation (project).
I know that there are a lot of ready to use sensors available in the market, with no need to construct, but I prefer to manually build analog circuit for budget issues.
This sensor must be plugged in the seed: if the seed contains much quantity of water, a voltage drop would occurs between the two probes, and reflect a digital value (after an ADC conversion) to the microcontroller.
There is only one analog pin, in the microcontroller, that is supposed to be connected with the output of this sensor.
This design ran great via ISIS - Proteus.
Upon execution, and after facing this sensor to different conditions: one was direct Short-Circuit at the both ends of its terminals, nothing changed, and the value on the LCD was still 0.
Is it connection issues? Logic issues? Misunderstanding of the sensor concept?
Solution please Soil Moisture Sensor.jpg

Re: Soil Moisture Sensor

What do you mean "nothing changed"? What was your output voltage under shorted and open conditions? what was your base-emitter voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.