Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Softwares on Linux- how to start up installed programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mashhur

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Softwares on Linux...

Hi all!
I installed some softwares (for axample Java 1.6.7) on Linux (OpenSUSE 10.3, KDE) machine by the YUM, so how to start up these installed programs. i just write their name but there is nothing start up.

could somebody guide me?
i appreciate feedback!
thanks!

Re: Softwares on Linux...

Hello.

Firstly, what programs did you install, and what distribution of Linux are you using?

If you installed gEDA, then you need to remember that gEDA is merely the name for a suite of applications. If you're using a mainstream Linux distro with one of the big window managers (Gnome or KDE), then menu entries should have been automagically generated for you. If not, then to access say the schematic capture program, open a terminal (as user, not root) and type:
Code:
gschem

Hope this helps a bit.

Nathaniel.

Softwares on Linux...

I take it you are using Fedora and so If you installed gEDA you would find it under Applications->Electronics or Science.

Also did you install openjdk or sun java and if so is it the VM or Development Kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.