Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Software for spoofing MAC address on Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaf20

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MAC address problem

hi all
i have a PC and have not MAC address so what do i do to generate license for MAC dependent licensing to running some software?
thanks ahead

hi
MAC address returns to Network Card Interface and I think the LoopBack of the computer doesn't have any MAC address.
So without network crad you can't use this license.
if you find a virtual network driver that can accept MAC address you can use MAC dependent license.

Re: MAC address problem

hi gzn
is usefull this virtual MAC in linux OS?
tnx

does anyone know virtual network driver to solve this problem?

i ask in other word:
i have not network interface card so have not MAC address.is there any software or method to spoofing MAC address on linux?then i have MAC address and generate license.
tnx

hi vaf20
In Linux you can use this software
**broken link removed**

tnx verilog_crack.
can i use this utility as creating none exist MAC address?or this stuff is used as changer only which mean it must exist one MAC and then change it.
tnx again

Is it notebook , that you can not insert one 10 $ PCI Eth card ?

May be the last resort is to find the kernel get the socket implementation source and rewrite code as when socket data structure is read from kernel it will be filled with default MAC address ?

If socket part is not statically linked into kernel image it will be enough to recompile socket handling part without touching kernel .

vaf20 said:
tnx verilog_crack.
can i use this utility as creating none exist MAC address?or this stuff is used as changer only which mean it must exist one MAC and then change it.
tnx again
I think yes,
It's easy tool for setting MAC address of a network interface.
so you can use it to change your loopback address.
I have a NIC and I use this tool to change MAC.
but I didn't use it without NIC.
Do this and let us know.
Tnx

Hi,

In recent interfaces you can do:

"ifconfig eth0 hw ether 00:50:bf:39:e3:ea"

cheers,
stUch

Status
Not open for further replies.