Not open for further replies.

clmoi90

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear,

I am student in Master degree and I am working on a project to linearize mixer. I want to ask if someone knows a software of simulation which simulates the behavior of a mixer(where I can set up the non-linear behavior, by example if I want 7 harmonics)?
I also need to be able to implement my algorithm (C language) in this software, in order to verify if it linearizes well the mixer.

Actually I think I can do this with SIMULINK, I have a special block to run my algorithm (S-Function) and there is a RF toolbox with different Mixer blocks. However I didn’t succeed to use any of these Mixer blocks and anyway in the setup I don’t know if it’s possible to decide about harmonics or intermodulation (I didn’t find anything about this)…

If someone can either help me to find another software where I could test my algorithm on a model of mixer. OR confirm me that we can do it with Simulink and give me some hints on the method, I would be very grateful!

Thanks in advance!
Ludovic

Hi, have looked at GNUradio ? SDR radio ? I think in GNUradio you can code blocks in Python ( not C but the API might be worth looking at? ) sorry its a long shot but thought it might help..

Before you start to test linearization algorithms (I assume, it's a kind of adaptive pre-distortion) in Simulink, you should verify your mixer models. I'm not familiar with the RF toolbox. Basically non-linear diode characteristics and harmonic analysis (e.g. by FFT) should work for your purposes.

Apart from your special intention to test C-code in the simulation, a generic SPICE or dedicated RF simulator would be the preferred tool to evaluate the behaviour of a mixer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…