Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

software for altera fpga's

Status
Not open for further replies.

ep.hobbyiest

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friend
i am new to fpga and ordered altera's EP2C5T144C8N based fpga dev kit.
but the software is on alter's website is free?
can i configure the EP2C5T144C8N in the software? or i need to buy this software?

thank you sir.
if i download the earlier package and install new version then will it work?

sir i have install the version 13.00
but this software asking for licence. can i use it for learning purpose.

You need to install the WEB edition which is free

The right option is automatic web licence retrieval.

Doesn't the development board ship with a device-locked version of Quartus? Most kits shipping from reputable suppliers will include the software on thumbdrive or CD.

r.b.

Doesn't the development board ship with a device-locked version of Quartus? Most kits shipping from reputable suppliers will include the software on thumbdrive or CD.

It most likely ships with a CD, but not with a retail license as long as the free web version covers the respective FPGA. Please notice that many professional users who are only using the lower and midscale FPGA range and don't need special IP cores are fine with the web version.

no i was ask for the same but they start talking about policies.
i have install software and package. but don't know how to integrate the packages.
please help me with this.

I don't understand which problem you presently have. Why don't you run Quartus 13.0 web package?

no i was ask for the same but they start talking about policies.
i have install software and package. but don't know how to integrate the packages.
please help me with this.

I have no clue what you are asking. What is "integrate the packages" supposed to mean? Altera Quartus II doesn't have any packages to "integrate".

At a previous job I installed Quartus II 13.0 at least 6 different times and all I did was download the installation, install, point my environment to the floating license and started using the software. There was no integrate step.

here i have attached the screen shots.
This is files i have downloaded.

Following screen shows the marked files i have downloaded.

following screen shows the when i start to create the project. no single deveice is in list.

Please tell me is this way correct?
or suggest me to download the which is web edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.