Not open for further replies.

techie

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Encryption in PDAs

I intend to store sensitive information like credit card number, ATM pin numbers and other passwords in my Palm PDA using a freeware software using BlowFish algorithm.

Just how secure is this algorithm and if not, can anyone suggest some software or algorithm that is secure enough.

thanks / techie

Re: Encryption in PDAs

HI Techie :

You MUST BE A Very WEALTHY man to be worry about an INCREDIBLE amount of computational POWER that an ocasional PICKPOCKET should have to try to CR@CK your PIN NUMBER and other personal data. The true is that all DEPENDS who cr@ks it .. If you have the LIST of american spys in russia ,Thats a probably should be encoded with a triple DES ... In your case i think that you can go to sleep without too much worrying .your data is secure enough with blowfish..

Re: Encryption in PDAs

Your comments are absolutely right. My only concern is that I have heard some "password kill" and "cracker" applications that are said to open the encrypted files of PDA. If Blowfish is secure enough that a college cant be expected to break using an off-the-shelf application, I can be at peace.

I was surprised to see that the files that I have marked private in my Palm were stored in non-encrypted text on the SD card. This was the standard password protection that Palm OS gives. Anyone can remove the SD card, put it in a reader and read the data. That made me wonder if I can store even cheap information like dial-up password etc inside the Palm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…