Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soft Switching od step-down converter- help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilbertomaldito

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Soft Switching

Please help, I need soft switching for my (dc-dc)step down/buck converter. but I would like to retain my original buck converter which has one power NMOS and one Power Diode.

Usually from soft switching I have seen so far are composed of 2 MOS's. But I need to retain my Diode and Mos.

Please help.

You already have (sort of) what a soft-switching converter
would do. Soft switching refers to letting the output travel low
using the inductor's current, rather than hard-banging it with
the low side FET (in a synchronous-rectified scheme).
That happens for free, in a diode-low-side-switch buck.

Hi ****_free****,

Can you help me how to improve this Soft Switching, my professor told me to add soft switching in my current mode-Buck converter.
Is there anything I need to put/attached devices in my circuit? Can you give me a good idea, or just a basic SS circuit to attached to my buck.

When you mentioned that I have SS already in my buck converter because I have a 1 MOS and 1 ultra-fast diode, you mean, I dont need to add more devices to improve my SS?

Do you have papers, or books?

SOrry, my response is quite long and I asked too much question...
Please help.

Hi,

Try reading about Zero voltage switching buck converters.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

I did that already, but they just discussed about 2 MOS switches (for basic buck converters).

Mine is 1 Mos and 1 diode current mode buck... Do you have any idea about this? I was asked to implement SS for this kind of buck structure. But I just dont know how. any papers you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.