Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SOC ENCOUNTER DEF file inst location

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophiefans

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

i generate a file named kaka.def,and part of the words like this:

-----------------------

- instA PAVDD_18 + SOURCE + DIST +FIXED ( 414000 0 ) N ;

---------------------------------

and i do defIn in encounter, in the GUI, i find that instA's location is not 414 yet, while the location is 414.134 . I thinks this count will not meet min Grid even. I don't know what happend. I just want 414 not 414.134. Maybe there is certain command to force encounter to do such thing. Do you know?

Added after 1 hours 38 minutes:

Does anybody konw?
Thanks

are able to place the pas manually at the wanted coordinate? If yes and without violations, you should be able to place it by script.

also check if this element is cosntraint to be placed function of the grid placement instead the manufature grid

rca said:
are able to place the pas manually at the wanted coordinate? If yes and without violations, you should be able to place it by script.

also check if this element is cosntraint to be placed function of the grid placement instead the manufature grid

Hi rca,

1. the instant can be place well manually
2. the point is that the location in DEF file is 414, while after defIn, the location was changed by tools, i find it is 414.134. Why it is ? How i can force encounter to do this defIn operation by 414??

so you can placed manually the pad at 414.00 without any problem on the grid placement (instead the manufacture grid)?

rca said:
so you can placed manually the pad at 414.00 without any problem on the grid placement (instead the manufacture grid)?

Yes, i am sure. normally, the manufacture grid should be 0.005. And 414 is integer , so the tools do not need to modify it to 414.134. This is why i am confusing.

just some checks:
1-the 414.134 is the reported coordinate when you qury the instance?
2-it is also the coordinate dump, when you save your flooplan?
3-If you move the pad to the correct coordinate and you save your floorplan, the saved coordinate is correct? 8why not using the saved floorplan for the future run, and you can push-out the problem for later)
4- the 414.134 is not the coordinate of the first metal inside the cell, and the boundary cell is not align with the the first metal?

I am thinking the width of the PAD boundary is not the integral multiple of the grid in Encounter, or the boundary in lef file is not correct.
Please check it.

sophiefans

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I am not sure what happend, but thanks for your replay above. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back