Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMT PCB Circuit Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicole.49

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm new to SMT circuit design and I'm wondering is that okay to connect a SMD component to a transmission line (microstrip) which has a width larger than that of the component? Besides, I'd also like to know if it's alright to connect two SMD components on the PCB without a microstrip line in between? My simulation results show that its fine but I'm not sure if it causes significant losses or other problems practically.

Hi,

Microstrip is only for HF...and only for traces with a length of more than 20% (depends on your needs) of the wavelength.
But there is no information about HF at all in your post, thus I assume you don't need to care about it ..

Klaus

Hi,

Microstrip is only for HF...and only for traces with a length of more than 20% (depends on your needs) of the wavelength.
But there is no information about HF at all in your post, thus I assume you don't need to care about it ..

Klaus
Thank you for your reply, and to clarify, the SMT circuit that I am designing is a rectifier which operates at 900 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back