Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sms sending for automation of toll collection using RFID

Status
Not open for further replies.

r.kuralamudhan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am doing automation of toll collection project using RFID for which i need to send the sms to user who across away the toll plaza. The sms should contain the matters such as like this "Dear customer your account balance is 100 Rs.". i need to generate this msg to each user who cross the toll booth. i am maintaining the database in MS access. i am using VB to get the data from the MS access and sending it to pic 16f877. From where i want to send the sms. my main problem is how can i send the sms whether through gsm module r through the cell phone. i search all the website abt it i get the idea that through AT commands i can send the sms. How can i write the program for the AT commands in c so that i can send the SMS through the pic16f877 to either gsm module r cell phone.

pls help me how can i do these things.My whole project is struck out by this thing :cry:

I don't understand, how a PIC is involveld with your system, cause you can access a GSM module from the PC directly. This would allow an easier programming in my opinion.

Generally, AT commands for SMS handling are using an industry standard command set. They are explained in detail in the user manual of any GSM module, I have seen. They are also supported by all recent mobile phones with a serial interface, but sometimes with reduced functionality, e.g. PDU mode only.

Hai r.kuralamudhan

Both RFID reader and modem can be connected to the PC directly. There is no need of an micro inbetween.

Is it your assignment?

Nandhu

Hai.. KUral amudhan...

**Anyway first of all for your project.. u do NOT need an microcontroller....
To Send SMS you can use GSM Modem or any mobile phone....
First Change your modem/mobile from PDU to Text mode by sending commands "AT+CMGF=0 <CR>"

Then send the sms text using commands....

"AT+CMGS=\"99xxxxxx53\"" <CR>
<your message content>
<Ctrl+Z>

where, <CR> is 0x0D and <Ctrl+Z> is 0x1A

You are done with that...

You ll get 3310 or similar sort of mobile phone series... and its datacable in the market...
and I am damn sure that you do not need any driver if you are sending AT commands....

Gud Luck!!! ;)

hi thanks for every one who replied me. my guide insist to do sms sending in pic only. i have written the code for AT commands in C. which phone can be used for sms sending?. i searched the forum, i got the idea that we must know about m bus and f bus to send AT commands to nokia 3310. can any body suggest some other cell phone model. which requied only AT commands and quite easy to interface with PIC :D

r.kuralamudhan said:
can any body suggest some other cell phone model. which requied only AT commands and quite easy to interface with PIC :D
Use a GSM module instead (i.e SIM300). All of the modules have a serial interface and are easy to interface to the PIC's UART.

Hi GSM Man.
Does this module SIM300 accept sim card? I'll like to get link where I can buy them at very reasonable price. Thanks

Added after 27 minutes:

sorry, i found it uses sim card and it is difficult to solder on hobby level. Is there any cheap and readily available phone that support AT command for easy interface with Pic micro.?

codewiz said:
sorry, i found it uses sim card and it is difficult to solder on hobby level.
The SIM300/340D is very easy to solder on a pcb. You can lookat this web site www.MadeEasyKits.com for every thing you need at reasonable cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.