Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMS controller from Silicon Chip magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

platonas

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
silicon chip sms controller

I had saw many people here willing to build an SMS controller. I decided to scan and attach the article SMS Controller published in the Octomber-November 2004 issue of Silicon Chip Magazine.
The Hex file for the microcontroller is included also.

hex sms controller

could you describe more about the file such as what microcontroller is using and programming lanuage, what mobile phone using?
appreciate

avr sms controller

Salam,

Micro ---> AVR AT90S8515
Langauge ---> There is hex code only.
Mobile ---> Nokia

Bye

pcb sms controller

The design is good because it uses Nokia cellphone which is too common and the most widely available.

But there is no source code included but only the hex file.

What most people need is the sourcecode, because what most programmers need are the routines.

siliconchip magazine avr controller

If its with nokia phone then sending sms is through FBUS, so little bit different compare to seimens mobile sms communication

silicon chip magazine

Nokia FBUS is not so simple, you'll get trouble on the CRC programming.

sms controller silicon

Sory for the lag in description, it was done due to lag of time at the moment of post.
It has 4 inputs, 8 outputs. It uses the AT90S8515 microcontroller. It interfaces to Nokia phones and the hex file is included in the attachment. Although u can download the hex from the magazines site.
The pcb is single sided and can be downloaded from the Silicon Chip's site, I did not included this in order to minimise the size of the attachment.

https://www.siliconchip.com.au then go to download and choose November 2004

If u need something in higher resolution send me a PM or post if u thing it worths to upload the specific page.
Regards
P.

Last edited by a moderator:

silicon chip magazine 2007

Can anyone help me how to make an interface for a SIM (with a PC ) that we use in the mobile phone .... using PIC ???

circuits smscontroller

Did you have the source code {ASM} file?

sms controller hex

have anyone heard of a disassembler; it converts the hex file into the source code.
search for D51 , u may find it.

silicon chip 2004 sms

snabilat said:
have anyone heard of a disassembler; it converts the hex file into the source code.
search for D51 , u may find it.

D51 is for 8051 architecture. It will simply not work for AVR!

sms controller hex silicon

Check out this SMS controller:
**broken link removed**

It has complete assembly source code and also uses the popular AVR MCU.
This project was published in Circuit Cellar issue #142, which can be found here:

guide sms controller

Hi,

What we need is a source for Nokia, Sony Ericsson phone source code for the micro is very well known already so no need to guide for the link.

I think when somebody is asking here about cellphone interfacing to micro, it is very well known that he will be using a Nokia phone.

hex silicon chip

SphinX said:
Salam,

Micro ---> AVR AT90S8515
Langauge ---> There is hex code only.
Mobile ---> Nokia

Bye

here you go all stuff and asm code for avr

**broken link removed**

dlr-3p sms controller

Hi,

Not a very good link, it is for ericcson wherein most of the users here seeking for nokia fbus codes had seen.

What we need is an fbus subroutines in C or basic.

sms controller silicon chip

glenjoy said:
Hi,

Not a very good link, it is for ericcson wherein most of the users here seeking for nokia fbus codes had seen.

What we need is an fbus subroutines in C or basic.

just read this code care fully he using fubus protocol to access nokia mobiles

dlr3-p cable source code

Another file that does not have a source code but rather a HEX file.

Does anybody here has functions for FBUS routines?

Thanks.

do any mobile phone have call establish acknowlegement such as OK when a call is made on other phone when in off-hook its should send a command as "OK" to which it signs as call established by other phone

So is there an update from the magazine if they want to share their source code for the said application?

Btw, in this kind of applications, we really do not need the whole source code, what we need is the part of the subroutines which involves FBUS communication.

My post maybe off topic but I hope this will help to remind the members that still we are looking for the FBUS routines.

Status
Not open for further replies.