Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMS by pdu and text mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsmman

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends
I want to interface q2686 module to the host processor. The main purpose is for the sms! . The modem support text and PDU format.
Text - 7bit coding
PDU - 8 bit octet coding scheme .. right ?

So i can send message on text and PDU format right? Suppose i am sending message in PDU format to one mobile phone wch is having only a text format support !!! What will happen ?

What is the common message format nowadays ? PDU or text ? advantages?

I'm new new to this field.. please help...

Thanks in advance
roy

Text or PDU is a local protocol between your device and modem, the other modem has no idea which protocol are you using.
There could be problem with second modem and device not supporting your encoding (7, 8 or 16 bit), but that's other problem.

if the modem is in the text modem, the modem will automatically generate the PDU ..isnt it... so over the air it is always PDU..r8?

regards
roy

Yes.
Translating in reverse way (PDU -> text) is not always possible though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back