Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sms based home security

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
could anybody share their design about a nokia 3310 interfaced with a PIC16f877a. i'm actually building a sms home security using nokia 3310 and PIC16f877a. i've been through to some links that discusses the same as this like embedtronics but I want some refences like schematic and source code to aid me on my project towards completion. any project that uses nokia 3310 and pic16f877 will do. hopefully somebody would give care to my request.

sms home security

Okay, well first maybe a usefull idea check google and find some related material right?

For some things about the FBus protocol:
http://www.gnokii.org/
**broken link removed**

Source code for SMS
**broken link removed**

Gorkin

sms based home security system

Actually I've been to these links and read the important notes regarding my project. Its just that I can't thoroughly understand the content particularly in programming. I already made my FBUS cable using the schematic from ucdevelopers and had been monitoring the communication through serial portmonitor. But i got hold-on in programming aspect. I have a little background in programming and I've learned it on tutorials. Fortunately, you provided me the n61 codes. I've been to gnokii also and I haven't found any source code about n3310. Does this mean that n3310 codes can be made by simply modifying the n61 source codes?

home scurity using pic 16f877a

I think that the good way to start after data cable building is try to exchance AT commands using one serial terminal on PC, if all ok then you can start develop uC basead circuit.

Gorkin

home security nokia sms alert

attached is a signal flow diagram of my project.
as far as my research goes, most of the project for SMS only controls the device on or off. does anybody have the idea of how the slave phone can initiate a communication and sent a notification to the master phone automatically?
say for example if i connect a sensor to the microcontroller and it detects something.
how does the circuit would look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.