Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sms based device control

Status
Not open for further replies.

djzbor

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi every body .
I am doing a project on controlling a device using sms. i wan do like this rather than using two mobiles i preferred it to be a mobile and wired telephone.Here is my thought i will connect my wired telephone to the micro controller and the micro controller to devices i wan control.I will send sms to wired telephone ,is there a way of doing it? Or is my mobile can be set to some mode so that the sms message can be sent as voice to the wired telephone ? And when the wired telephone sends back the status of some device in voice is there a means to be changed to sms for my mobile?

Hi,

Instead of sending voice message, you can send numbers(0-9, *, #) to the wired phone. If you use a vice chip in the device attached to the phone, you can store and play back the message.

Regards,
Joby

hi even i'm doin the same proj..
how will the sms be recognized by the microcontroller.
any body havng any source codes
kindly reply

Hi!,

You have to interface a GSM module to the micro controller to receive the SMS.

and how might the interface be? i'm working on the interfacing too to see the response from the modem by sending AT from the microcontroller to the modem..

my connections are
RC6(TX) ---> T1IN(MAX232) ---> T1OUT(MAX232) ---> RXD(MODEM)
TXD(MODEM) ---> R1IN(MAX232) ---> R1OUT(MAX232) ---> RC7(RX)

is this correct?? i'd really appreciate help from those who really know! thanks in advance...

keane

Status
Not open for further replies.