SMPS PFC+LLC/Flyback 24V 100W low THD cool thermals reference design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frang

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm designing a 100W 24V SMPS. I need high power factor correction (aiming for 61000-3-2 Class C) and low temperature without forced convection.

I want to know if anyone has any recommendation, based on experience or knowlege about a good reference design that match this goals. I've been looking a lot of designs from Texas and ST but I have no experience with another vendors.

This is my initial preference, adapting it to 24V, because I'm aiming around that size and I'm familiar with L6563H and 6599 (made a 56V400W PFC LLC with them)
https://www.st.com/content/ccc/reso...df/jcr:content/translations/en.CD00267266.pdf

Cheers

For 24V 100W try a FAN9611 running a dual interleaved flyback, low RFI , easy to build and test, just 2 x flyback Tx at 50W each, 2 x 800V fets, 2 x o/p diodes, automatic PFC with no extra bits, just need about 4700uF on the output to reduce 50/60Hz ripple and good to go ... easy to get EMC compliance ... the list goes on ...

Reactions: frang

frang

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definetely be checking the FAN9611 and the interleaving concept on PFCs.

I got STEVAL-ISA148V1 and checked it seems to fulfill my needs. Seems to pass Class C and gets around 60ºC with 90W at 19 volts, so I'll be adapting this design to 24V, because I already have some of the needed components and can make a quick prototype.

or you could do a simple BCM Boost PFC....followed by Innoswitch syncronous rectified flyback on the output.

Reactions: frang

frang

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.