Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smps inverter and charger circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

markotech

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can somebody help me with smps inverter circuit and charger using pwm ics

thanks but can you help with an smps charger please

Dear markotech
Hi
You didn't told , that how much power do you need ? ( how much current and voltage ) and tell me a bit more about your purpose , please , perhaps , thus i can help you .
Best Things
Goldsmith

yea Mr Goldsmith, i appreciate, i need a charger to charge a 12 volt 100AH lead acid battery for my inverter, alist with auto turn off when fully charged

Again Hi
Well . it is simple . Do you just want it's circuitry or you want design it with yourself and some helps ? I can help you at both of them .
By the way . is your input from main power line ? ( in my country it is 220 volts 50HZ ) . and do you need protection circuits for that ?
Regards
Goldsmith

thanks but can you help with an smps charger please
I think you need a smps float charger.
Float charger mean, we can adjust output volts and charging current respectively.
When (during charge) battery,s and charger,s volts become equal,charging current will be 0.15A.
Which is not hazardous for battery.
You can see attached file.
It consist of TL494 pwm ic.
This type of charger have 2 transformers (main and driver|).
And have resemble with computer,s psu.

Attachments

• SMPS CHARGER.doc
    230 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:

yea, Goldsmith i want the circuit and some few xplanation, then i will give you a follow up update on my construction

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

thks pnjbtr your circuit looks easy to acheive but my major problem is the transformers, these are hard to get, if u can give me alittle detail on the transformer, those high voltage transistors cannt it be modified 2 use mosfets? i like working with mosfet rather than transistor.

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

my country main voltage is also 220volt/50hz i need the circuit if possible include power factor corrector because our voltage fluctuate alot,,,, please i will keep you updated on any circuit you give to me about how i gone and the result of my contruction thanks,,,,,,,
Again Hi
Well . it is simple . Do you just want it's circuitry or you want design it with yourself and some helps ? I can help you at both of them .
By the way . is your input from main power line ? ( in my country it is 220 volts 50HZ ) . and do you need protection circuits for that ?
Regards
Goldsmith

If its hard to get transformers, purchase computer( ATX) power supply.
I hope we can use it as a good battery charger.

Again Hi
Transformers are good friends! you can learn how to talk with them and have friendship with them ?!! see below , please :
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/229615/
And about the circuit :
your input current will be about :4 A ( approx) .
So you can use a simple full bridge converter . with IGBT or mosfet , but at this current , you'd better , to use IGBT , because of cheaper price and simple availability .
at first read about ferrite transformers , and tell me about ferrites that are available in your country . for example , do you have access to PQ series ?
Regards
Goldsmith

yea , i like your approach to transformers, i think i will have to learn this i appreciate, but im still waiting for the charger circuit you have for me;;
Again Hi
Transformers are good friends! you can learn how to talk with them and have friendship with them ?!! see below , please :
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/229615/
And about the circuit :
your input current will be about :4 A ( approx) .
So you can use a simple full bridge converter . with IGBT or mosfet , but at this current , you'd better , to use IGBT , because of cheaper price and simple availability .
at first read about ferrite transformers , and tell me about ferrites that are available in your country . for example , do you have access to PQ series ?
Regards
Goldsmith

Hi Pnjbtr,

Can you tell me how the Both transformers(T301 & T302) works?? For what purpose two transformers?? Please explain elaborately.

Thanks in Advance.

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 ----------

In the above circuit,will the LM358 wrks as comparator???

Dear samson
Hi
Can you tell me how the Both transformers(T301 & T302) works?? For what purpose two transformers?? Please explain elaborately.
As probably you know , at some applications we need isolated out put wave , and because we have to take feed back from out put , we have to drive the BE of each transistor ( main transistors ) with isolated ways , and the reason of first transformer is that . and the reason of another transformer ( out put transformer ) are two things ! first one , is isolation and another thing is changing the current and voltage with desired ratio .

In the above circuit,will the LM358 wrks as comparator???
As we know each op amp can work as a simple comparator , but i will not use any op amp as comparator in my SMPS designs , because comparators are better , do you know why ?

Because the op amps have a capacitor that is Cc or compensation capacitor to prevent unwanted oscillations and provide best place of poles .
But that capacitor will appliance for the places that we want use op amp as an amplifier ( linear ) . and when we need just comparison between two things , it will has bad effects , and we should use comparators which haven't that Cc , e.g LM311
Or LM339 or LM319 or .... etc.
Bets Wishes
Goldsmith

---------- Post added at 13:01 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

And Dear markotech
Hi again
See the datasheet of an SG3526N , please , and then if you have problem , yet , ask me , please , i'll gladly help you .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Dear Goldsmith,

Thanks for your reply.

Is the T302 transformer is stepdown transformer??? How can the charging is happening??? Mains they have converted to DC and giving to transformer. Will they are doing that DC voltage to Pulsating DC through Q301 & Q302 and feeding to T302 transformer??

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

What type of transformer was T302?? It has two windings at primary.. And single winding at secondary...Hope it is Stepup transformer..is it???

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:16 ----------

Kindly explain..

Is the T302 transformer is stepdown transformer???
Maybe yes or no . it depends on your design , e.g if you want drive BJT and the out put of your IC is about +15 volts you can design it as an step down.

What type of transformer was T302?? It has two windings at primary.. And single winding at secondary...Hope it is Stepup transformer..is it???
It depends on what do you want to do exactly .
i think another winding is for feed back from out put . but this method isn't good , the opto couplers are more suitable to get feed back .
Mains they have converted to DC and giving to transformer. Will they are doing that DC voltage to Pulsating DC through Q301 & Q302 and feeding to T302 transformer??
And what do you mean by that ?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

hi..

Am talking abt the circuit. They have converted the manis to DC..and then they converted to Pulsating DC to give to transformer..rite??

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

Do u have any circuit to charge 24V,45AH lead acid battery from mains with all protection circuits..

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

Why they have used L301( Inductor or Choke) at starting of the circuit??

After conversion MAINS to dc.
We are using half bridge topology with two C13009 power transistors.
These transistors are switching mains transformer with 27 Khz.
Mains transformer do not have winding for feed back.
Only 14+14 volts for battery charging.
And 22v for IC TL 494 VCC.
And third for mains.
L301 is for EMI filteration.
This circuit,we can use for both 24v and 12v battery.
In that case,
Only mains transformer need some modification in turns.
With 12v its out put current is 12amp.
And with 24v 12\2=6amp.

Last edited:
Thanks Pnjbtr,

Here in the circuit.. That Converted DC is fed to the T302 transformer primary winding using 2 power transistors. What does the another winding in the primary of T302??

---------- Post added at 15:42 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

What is the charging current of this circuit?? If my battery voltage is 24V and capacity 45AH how to modify the circuit?? Hope there is no need to use that many 20H100 rectifiers.. am i correct??

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

Dear Pnjbtr,

Can you briefly explain about the transformer Connections??How you have connected and purpose??

Thanks in Advance

T302 have center tapped winding for battery charging.
An other winding is for ic + vcc.
See data sheet of 20H100,i think it can hold 10amp current.
Out put current we can adjust with trimpot according to battery size.

By using pot we can change the output current . So, this circuit will give constant current...rite??So if we give constant current to battery the battery may get damege.. So how can we controll the charging current as battery getting charged??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back