Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMPS : How to decide minimum AC input voltage to SMPS that gives correct output ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

htcompany

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have designed an SMPS with dual outputs of 5Vdc and 12Vdc and i have to prepare a datasheet for that SMPS. For that, i need to specify one parameter for minimum and maximum AC input voltage by which SMPS can function and give correct outputs. i have tested maximum input voltage of 440Vac which gives correct outputs of 5Vdc and 12Vdc. but i am unable to decide minimum AC input voltage. i had applied input of 9Vac through stepdown transformer, but there was no output i.e. 0Vdc o/p.

How can i decide minimum AC input that can give correct 5Vdc and 12Vdc outputs ?

I had applied input of 9Vac through stepdown transformer, but there was no output i.e. 0Vdc o/p.
Raise input voltage until you get specified output? Repeat with rated load current?

Hi,

you designed it, therefore you should know what happens when input voltage drops.

I assume. Either the power path is not able to control the full output current, or the driver IC goes into undervoltage lockout.

Klaus

Klaus;
Most likely the second cause

- - - Updated - - -[/COLO

Status
Not open for further replies.