UroBoros

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mcu smps

Hai

I wish to construct a small and low cost SMPS to drive my MCU circuits.

Requirement +5v, +12V and -12V .current only 1amps required.(on +ve only)

Input Range from 120V to 250V AC is expected .

Stable output voltage in the input range is expected .

One of the major intentions behind this is to avoid that bulky power transformer.

I read about softwares and ICS for this purpose. Please suggest a solution for my purpose.

Thanks for reading
picstudent

microcontroller smps low cost

Here:
**broken link removed**
you will find detailed desription of 25W SMPS ..
Don't treat this project as the final soultion but rather as a good starting point ..

Regards,
IanP

UroBoros

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
If you like to program pics, there is one that has been suited to smps. it´s the DSPIC30f2020, if i am not mistake. it has a PWM max period of about 1ns.
i am trying to do one SMPS, based on a simple one like 16F628A, just to test some parameters, but if you have te constraint of having 3 outputs, you must have to have at least 3 independent channels. But if you don´t like to build another projetct into your project, there are some ICs that are suited to it. There are some good articles about microcontroller smps in microchip´s site and also there is a good one there about transformeless power supllies. For the specifics ICs, look for them in Texas and Analog Devices. If you do not have much knowledge in the area, it´s best first to understand a bit about different topologies of smps, it will help you to select the most appropriate component.
Good luck!

UroBoros

@Picstudent

Excellent idea

I am interested in the projects you have completed.. can you send me a list offline ?

Hi,

check this link may be useful to you

**broken link removed**

Added after 30 seconds:

Hi,

check this link may be useful to you

**broken link removed**

UroBoros

Status
Not open for further replies.