Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMPS 100V 1A with PFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasanth12345

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am looking for a SMPS 100V, 1A with PF above 90, any one can help? this is for my college project, a simple design will be fine.....

Best regards,
Prasanth:-D

This is a simple 100w device which can be generated using VIPer 100 of ST Miicro ..or even LM6562 which gives pf of 0.95.
rgds

Hi Vimal,

Thanks a lot for your reply, sorry i am very poor in design, do you have any recommended design?

What is your source for the supply? Do you need isolation?

Hi Mtwieg,

Input is 100 to 240 V AC, i prefer to have isolation, let me know if you can assist with some design, thnaks

hii

i guess this refrence design will help you >>>>>>
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

thanks & regards
raksha

Hi Mtwieg,

Input is 100 to 240 V AC, i prefer to have isolation, let me know if you can assist with some design, thnaks
Okay, so a normal boost PFC topology won't work for you. So you'll need a transformer based topology, like a forward or push pull topology. Something like the design given above (except the design doesn't do PFC). But I'm betting that if look through TI's other app notes you'll find a reference design close to what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.