Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMIC mim capacitor layout problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kawaiicat

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mim capacitor layout

how got experience in layout smic mim capacitor?

the design rule said no other metal can under Mim, so Only Mn(M4) are for bottom plate and MIM is top plate of the cap

my question is how to connect top plate use what metal can do it, is that M5? and how about bottom plate, as if my capacitor is large, the max bottom plate (M4) only 35umX 35um, and M1,M2, M3 need away from bottom plate

if use metal 5 to connect bottom plate also, that if i got like 3x3 array capacitor, it is hard to connect them together

how got experience for that...please help

mim capacitor

Hi,

Sorry but I tried to fully understand what you wrote and I was not able to ...
Could you explain again your problem?

Cheers,

Franck.

Added after 2 hours 47 minutes:

"MIM is top plate"
That's seems strange to me ... Your bottom plate is the M5.

"if use metal 5 to connect bottom plate also"
You can't use your top metal to connect your bottom plate!!!

"the max bottom plate (M4) only 35umX 35um"
That's one thing. The area of the connection itself is another thing I think.
Do some testcase and run a DRC and you will know if it's really a problem to connect a 35 by 35 bottom plate cap in M4. But you shouldn't use 35x35 cap ... as long as you can split your cap.
There is no difficulties to connect one or even multiple caps in array!!

I understand what you are saying but I still don't understand your problem!!

There is no other way for you with the technology you are working with to connect the bottom plate in M4 and the top plate in M5.
You are using a 5 metal process? Is that right?

Hope it helps,

Franck.[/code]

mim capacitor layout

MIM capacitor have "CTM dummy" layer
you could connet mim capacitor bottom plate with M1~M4, but outside "CTM dummy".
for example, if your CTM CAP is "M4-CTM-M5", then you couldn't put "VIA34" just under capacitor. But you can draw a Metal4 line from CAP bottom plate to outside "CTM dummy", and connet it through "VIA34" to metal3.

metal over ctm mim

"if your CTM CAP is "M4-CTM-M5", then you couldn't put "VIA34" just under capacitor"
Wrong. In some processes you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back