Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] SMD Microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel_88

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I'm here to ask you a simple question but i can't solve it correctly: how many kind of smd microcontroller I can use?
Is there a guide or an Index where i can find all with dimensions?
I'm asking that because i have found only QFP (Quad Flat Package) dimensions but i need a thin and short rectangular shape for my project but i'm in trouble.
Thank you for all who want answer.

What type of microcontroller are you seeking? Manufacture? Architecture, 8051, PIC, AVR, ARM, etc?

Datasheets of the specific microcontroller typically list the available packages for that specific model.

Hi, thank you for your anwer.
The main problem is the shape now, but i prefer a PIC or AVR microcontroller. So if i can know all different shape i could choose the correct architecture.
Is not there a reference sheet where i can find general dimensions for those components?

Microchip offers the following tool to select a component:

Microchip Advanced Part Selector

You can specify the number of pins and other desired characteristics the tool will select the components which meet your specifications and display them on the right hand side under Search Results window as you select each component in the window the specifics, including the package type, are displayed below search results window. For example the PIC16F631 is available in the PDIP, QFN, SOIC, SSOP (20-pin) packages. You can then access the specific datasheet for the device which will provide detailed dimensions of the available package types.

Atmel also has a similar product selection tool for AVRs.

BigDog

You will get controller in any SMD Package. You need to decide the package and the pins of the controller. So for drawing which you have asked for please provide the package and number of pins required. We will try to provide the drawings of the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.