Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMD component - Can anyone identify these two smd diodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neet

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone identify these two smd diodes? IMG_20201030_105607.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I searched them with exact name but didn't find anywhere.From where I can buy them?Both r sort

Hi,

I´ve done an internet search for: [diode smd marking code "WN"]

many thousands of results. But even on the first page there are some very good informations.
like this one: https://www.s-manuals.com/smd/wn
if you ignore all devices with unsuitable package (3-pin, 6-pin, size, picture...) then there are just 3 devices remaining.
on the most right side of the table there are links to the datasheets. Read through them about device marking.

Maybe there is no 100% exact match. Then you need to solder the device from the PCB and do some measurements.

Klaus

Both r burnt now.multimeter now show only continuity.how can I measure them now?

Hi,

are you sure? They don´t look burnt.
And for zeners it´s quite usual that they show continuity in one direction.

How did you measure them? It can´t be done "in circuit".

If you can´t measure them:
* contact the device manufacturer
* draw a schematic from the PCB wiring?
* do trial and fail?

Klaus

They are showing continuity in both direction now.before burn they were showing value in one direction.

There's no chance to indentify a defective diode by measurements. As already shown, marking codes aren't unique. You probably need to review several manufacturer component and package datasheets to narrow down the selection. A first step would be to determine the packe length to distinguish between popular candidates like SOD-123/323/523 etc.

By the way, if the diodes are burnt, isn't it likely that other components are damaged too?

Hi,
They are showing continuity in both direction now.before burn they were showing value in one direction.
They were good before, now they are burnt. Why? What happened?

Klaus

I replaced the other damaged components. Struggling with these two components.
--- Updated ---

Hi,

They were good before, now they are burnt. Why? What happened?

Klaus
These components are from primary section of a pc power supply

Last edited:

O.k., it's SOD-123.
"WY" looks like Diodes BZT52C2V0, exactly same marking style. WN might be BZT52C22 from Diodes or TSC, or BZT52C18 from Vishay.

O.k., it's SOD-123.
"WY" looks like Diodes BZT52C2V0, exactly same marking style. WN might be BZT52C22 from Diodes or TSC, or BZT52C18 from Vishay.
Think so but want to confirm before installing

Hi,

The only way to be sure: contact the manufacturer.
You can't by the pictures nor by the markings.

Klaus

Hi,

Shouldn't quality datasheets give the SMD code marking?

Shouldn't quality datasheets give the SMD code marking?
The linked Diodes datasheet https://www.diodes.com/assets/Datasheets/ds18004.pdf does, other manufacturers have the information in separate package or marking datasheets. But as already told, markings are not unique, they don't necessarily help to indentify arbitrary unknown components, although they sometimes do.

Reactions: d123

d123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi. I recently repaired a laptop power supply and changed this mosfet.

Attachments

• IMG_20200928_125941~2.jpg
    IMG_20200928_125941~2.jpg
    910 KB · Views: 138

Good day. Can you advise me what the part according to the attachment was - it was burned and I circled the empty space and the place where there are probably identical components. The designation is S1Ac and I can't find what it is and the equivalent. Maybe it's a mosfet or a double diode. There are no diagrams anywhere. well thank you
This T-CON V315B1-C05
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20210107_115426~2.jpg (747.0 KB, 6 views)

Typ súboru: jpg

Good day. Can you advise me what the part according to the attachment was - it was burned and I circled the empty space and the place where there are probably identical components. The designation is S1Ac and I can't find what it is and the equivalent. Maybe it's a mosfet or a double diode. There are no diagrams anywhere. well thank you
This T-CON V315B1-C05
Priložené obrázky
Sorry, that was a mistake. Here's a photo
File Type: jpg

Typ súboru: jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210107_115426~2.jpg
    IMG_20210107_115426~2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 213

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search