Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smartvoltage Flash - voltage at 12V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluricaun

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Smartvoltage Flash

Hi

I have an old computer saving at EPROMs (Z88 by Sincalir), now they sell flash eproms (1Mb) built around 28F008S5. I have pinout and everything but cannot find this chip at a reasonable price. The old EPROMs has programming voltage at 12V (?) and so does the 28F008S5, but is there any other flash memories with 12V programming voltage or another chip that I can use if I lower the voltage from 12 to 5 V? I am new to this memory stuff but there are a lot of other designs much more advanced so I hope someone can give me some advice. Is it enough to lower the voltage with a zener or is there needed to do more advanced changes. If I keep it small I can put some extra circuitry in the card holder.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back