Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smart Card interface with MCS-51

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobitak

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all please help me i have working project about smart card by using MCU MCS-51 i has found the problem can't start reset the card / send another command by this MCU.

if you help coed for fix this problem please share me know.

I have working on a similar project right now, working with ARM cortex M3.. which is the reader u are using?

Nobitak said:
Hi to all please help me i have working project about smart card by using MCU MCS-51 i has found the problem can't start reset the card / send another command by this MCU.

if you help coed for fix this problem please share me know.
Are you getting an ATR when toggling the reset line?
There are cards with high-active and low-active resets. So try both versions.
Use a DSO to check the cards VCC, clock, reset and IO.

Nobitak

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Mik

I has used MCS-51 and i checked the logic of pin of smart already RST, CLK,I/O by logic analyzer when send ATR from SCM reader. and i was simmulate same as the logicby MCU but card not active. my configuration is T=1, CLK = 3.579MHz.
Low RST = 180ms

i will attached some photo to u review they are 3 pins above.
and MCU i has attcahd code for u. if u can use MCS51 pls review.

Doesn't look too bad. CH02 seems to be the IO pin. So can you read the ATR from the 8051?
First byte should be 3B (normal convention) or 3F (inverse convention).

hi Mik,

yes, i was used 3B for first byte.

but that you seem a photo is from SCM reader. for the MSC-51 the signal is same but the card not reset. and i will check buadrate is correct, i have no idea.

for any idea i will open.

There's no magic in getting an ATR. Apply 5V, apply a clock (1 - 5MHz) with a duty cycle of 50% +- 10% (better +- 5%) and toggle the reset pin to the correct state.
Of course you have to make sure that the IO line is not tied low from the MCU side.

HI Mik,

I found problem that may MCU was send UART frame format not same with SMC reader that concern with ISO 7816-3

smart card need to this format below
1 bit start - 8 bits data - 1 bit parity - 2 bit stop

BTW, my MCU useed uart from MCS51 the format below
1 bit start - 8 bits data- 1 bit stop

i was changed to mode3 format is
1 bit start - 8 bits data - 1 bit parity - 1 bit stop

the problem is still

Do you have another MCU or solution for MCS51 using UART format same with smart card?
1 bit start - 8 bits data - 1 bit parity - 2 bit stop

Status
Not open for further replies.