Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

smart antenna - beamforming and the butler matrix question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanouna

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
smart antenna

hello everybody, please if someone has already studied the concept of smart antennas, can he explains to me the beamforming and the butler matrix, and thank you so much

smart antenna

thanks plasma,
but I dont know how to make a smart antenna with MATLAB, if you have some examples of simulation I would be grateful
thank yuuu

smart antenna

hi everybody,
please if you know the kind of smart anbtenna used on BTS (patch?dipole?...)and its caractéristics?
thank yu all

Re: smart antenna

BTS antennas are sectorial type , patch or dipole based, circular polarized or dual polarized types.Rarely used omni in rural areas or with very low trafic density.

Re: smart antenna

hanouna said:
thanks plasma,
but I dont know how to make a smart antenna with MATLAB, if you have some examples of simulation I would be grateful
thank yuuu

Hi,

may be about matlab, try:

**broken link removed**
or
https://www.ece.rutgers.edu/~orfanidi/ewa/ - for example ch18 - microstrip antenna

hi ,plzz any one can share the use of butler matrix, to generate beams????

---------- Post added at 06:00 ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 ----------

as in MATLAB code or simply algorithm to understand the use of butler matrix for generating beams

follow this link for a book on Smart antenna with MATLAB
**broken link removed**

and this link for MATLAB codes
**broken link removed**

can any else help us how to design butler matrix by ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back