Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small size Touch screen LCD module

Status
Not open for further replies.

krunal_299

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
small lcd module with controller

Hi!
Does anybody here suggest me small size Touch screen LCD module which can be used with microcontroller interfacing?e.g. Such as one used in mobile handsets.
where i can found it?

Thanks & Regards!

touchscreen x+ x- y+ y-

Maybe something like this can work for you to get started. 128x64:
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

More projects, tutorials, and code examples will show later this week on the website for this touchscreen LCD.

small size touch screens

Hi all!
here i found pretty one touchscreen lcd: LTP283QV-F03 from Samsung Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
It has SPI interfsce as well 18 parallel interface and with 4 wire touchscreen (x+,x-, y+,y-).
But i don't know how to read (X,Y) co-ordinate on touch screen.
Basic outlay i knew that connect 4 wires to ADC pins of controller then to get X: drive x bar with supply and get reading on any of y And similar reverse procedure for Y position
How can i get particular position on the lcd after reading ADC values by microcontroller , any equation?
Thanks and Best regards!

lcd for reading

krunal_299 said:
Hi all!
here i found pretty one touchscreen lcd: LTP283QV-F03 from Samsung Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
It has SPI interfsce as well 18 parallel interface and with 4 wire touchscreen (x+,x-, y+,y-).
But i don't know how to read (X,Y) co-ordinate on touch screen.
Basic outlay i knew that connect 4 wires to ADC pins of controller then to get X: drive x bar with supply and get reading on any of y And similar reverse procedure for Y position
How can i get particular position on the lcd after reading ADC values by microcontroller , any equation?
Thanks and Best regards!

The simplest way would be to use touchscreen controller IC. There are many available on market, for example from Texas instruments. They will provide outside simple SPI protocol with XY positions.

24 lcd module

It takes 4 microcontroller pins (2 of which must be ADC inputs) to operate a 4-wire resistive touchscreen (that is without a custom controller).

But as a gratuitous plug, I now have a new RGB backlighted Touchscreen GLCD which should provide plenty of ideas for new and creative end designs:

**broken link removed**

touche screen connect adc

Thanks a lot experts!
But it is yet not cleared to me the way i can decide the exact positional co-ordinate from ADC reading.
Any example would explain me the concept?
Thanks once again & regards!

7 lcd module

It's not a subject easily explained unless you understand how the 2-layer touchscreen is 2 reisistors that can come into contact with each other and effectively make 2 potentiometers. Then you read the variable voltage drop with a microcontroller ADC.

Here are some links to get you thinking (I think the first link is an excellent explanation):

**broken link removed**

http://www.hampshiretouch.com/doc/appnotes/AN103 How an Analog Resistive Touch Sc reen Works.pdf

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

http://www.actel.com/documents/Fusion_TouchScreen_AB.pdf

Here is a recent little demo Programmable RTC project I finished using a PIC18F452 and GLCD/TS:

Re: small size touch screens

krunal_299 said:
Hi all!

Hi,

Do you have the datasheet or pinout for this LCD module? I search a lot it but not found.

If you have it, please send a pm.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Syrius

Hi

Please also see this video (using 320 x 240 TFT from Kitronix with touch):

These are also available at NO SIGNATURE LINKS ALLOWED

Regards

Mark

If you need a 3.5" 320x240 dots TFT LCD module with Touch Panel and LCD controller, a model is recommanded to you: kitronix display K350QVG-V1-F. It has 8-bit/ 16-bit 8080 system interface, SPI or parallel interface, and it can be used in the following MCUs TI (Cortex-M3 ARM), Atmel AVR, STM32, LPC177X etc.
For example, it is used in TI/ Luminary Micro's reference design kits: RDK-IDM-SBC and RDK-IDM-L35,you can find them at the website:(
https://www.luminarymicro.com/products/rdk-idm-sbc.html
and
https://www.luminarymicro.com/products/rdk-idm-l35.html)
There is rich hardware and software information about the TFT LCD module at the website, which can speed up your R&D process.
For more information about the module, please look:
**broken link removed**

With best regards!
Jacky Sheng
E-mail: jacky_sheng@kitronix.com

My touchscreen has four leads comming out via FPC, according literature they should be +X -X , +Y -Y.
now for making sure which is +X and -X and which one is -Y +Y, i was measuring resitance between the pins
i got no connections infinite resistance between pin 1 and 3 and 300 ohms between pin 2 and 4,
I am going to design controller for Touchscreen but i doubt touchscreen itself i have got two of those and both are showing similar behaviour

that is only between two pins i am getting resistance i.e pin 2 and 4 , and in rest all combinations (1,2) (3,4) (1,3) i am getting infinite resistance...

for resistive touch screen directly I did drive from PIC microcontroller by toggling the ports.

but during Touchscreen driving condition it is consuming 10mA (approx) more. I'm trying to reduce it.
can any one suggest any idea for that.

you add resistor in series at x+ and Y+...
you can start with 100ohms and then slowly increase till your ADC can recognize then minimum change in touch..

- - - Updated - - -

My touchscreen has four leads comming out via FPC, according literature they should be +X -X , +Y -Y.
now for making sure which is +X and -X and which one is -Y +Y, i was measuring resitance between the pins
i got no connections infinite resistance between pin 1 and 3 and 300 ohms between pin 2 and 4,
I am going to design controller for Touchscreen but i doubt touchscreen itself i have got two of those and both are showing similar behaviour

that is only between two pins i am getting resistance i.e pin 2 and 4 , and in rest all combinations (1,2) (3,4) (1,3) i am getting infinite resistance...

this happened because touchscreen was bad...
one should get resistance between at least two pairs..
(1,2) (3,4) (1,3) (2,4) out of all four combination you should get resistance atleast among two.. otherwise touchscreen has gone bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.