Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

slow rising ramp integrator opampp based

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipnirvana

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please look at the circuit attached . I am feeding sq. wave to the opamp and expecting a triangular ramp signal at the output. I am getting it for sure , but i am also getting the ripple of ~70mV at the square wave change over.

Please help me to remove the ripple.I am probing at the "Out".

Thanks.

1. What's a ripple in this case. The term is far from a clear meaning. Are you talking about a simulation or a real measurement?
2. I guess, you are observing non-ideal OP effects. They are present in any real OP circuit.
3. As a first step, use an OP of sufficient quality rather than the poor class B output stage LM324.

thnaks.

Ripple means , a big ~70mV change when i measure it with AC coupling in oscilliscope. What parameter make this swing ?

Hi dipnirvana,

I have some doubt if your circuit can work properly because the pos. opamp input is biased with Vcc/2. The opamp output must be at Vcc (saturation). Any dc feedback is missing.

The bias would be O.K. if you assume a 0/5V square wave input signal. But some kind of feedback (time-continuous or -discrete)
is actually necessary to set the integrator level.

The discussed ripple problem shows however, that the circuit has been (at least partly) operated out of saturation.
So I was confident, that dipnirvana has managed the feedback/integrator reset problem somehow.

Yes u r right , i am using ADC to sense the levels and than trigger the square wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.