Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Slotted patch antennas - the prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupin

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'ld like to know if you have experience about slotted patch antennas.
I've realized and measured some prototype and the results are better than standard rectangular single-layer patch antennas in terms of Impedance Bandwidth and in terms of Polarization Bandwidth.
I've read Wong book, do you have any other configuration idea to sharewere?

Thanks in advance
Lupin

I've been looking for a guide, or a tutorial, or an aplication note to design slot coupled antennas but nothing good until now. Most of times the PCA@D soft is refered but nothing more.

Does anyone knows a good reference? or a good soft to design the feed,

thanks

Re

I designed some 24 Ghz slot antenna using ansoft ensember. the simulated results agree with measurment well

A good place to look for such documentation is at I/E/E/E.
There you can search or browse for papers that relate to what you are looking for. Then look into the references of the papers.

Dear clk,
for what concerns slot coupled antenna, you can look for an article of Pozar. You can go to the site of microwave journal, register yourself (it's free) and ask about Pozar. You'll find a review of the aperture coupled antennas. At the moment I don't find it: if i get it i'll upload it ok?

Hope it can be useful
Lupin

Dear Egliu,
your design of a slot antenna at 24 GHz is interesting. Can you tell me some more information about it? For example do you use a microstrip line back to the slot don't you? What about the adopted dielectrics and tollerances? Do you have a sketch about your antenna?

Have you ever tried to work with slot loaded patch antennas?
I'ld like to share my experience.

Regards
Lupin

slot loaded patch antenna can increase impedance bandwidth and reduce patch size, but it also reduce the radiation efficiency.

slot antenna

You may like to refer to K C Gupta's book...

Dear Personal,
can you give more informations about Gupta book or can you upload it?
Is it dedicated to slotted patch antennas like Wong book?

Thanks
Lupin

re

hi lupin

our antennas are fed by CPW on GaAs. how about your design?

Hi Egliu,
my antennas are probe fed slotted patches in RHCP but I'm designing a "contact-less" microstrip antenna.
Are you involved in the same topic?

Regards
Lupin

RF

Hi lupin

even fed by CPW, we designed several kinds antenna including cantact and contact-less, depending on your required bandwidth and antenna size. which frequency do you use?

regards

Hi sugm,
slotted patch antennas have a broadbanding or multifrequency effect, size reduction and decrease of patch efficiency.
There are tecniques to increase patch efficiency (read Wong book); however, I use slotted patch element in array configurations so patch gain is not my main requirement.
What about you? Do you use slotted patch as stand-alone element?

Regards
Lupin

Does anyone have material about contact-less patch excitaion?
I mean Gap-coupling, not probe-fed.

Thanks in advance
Lupin

Hi Egliu,
I've designed and measured patch antennas at 1.5 GHz, 5 GHz and "conventional" patch antennas at 1.5, 2.4, 5, 10 GHz both in Linear and Circular Polarization
At the moment, I'm involved both in probe-fed slotted microstrip antennas and "contact-less" patch antennas.
I'ld like to share my results with yours for the same type of antenna in terms of Impedance Bandwidth, Polarization Bandwidth and so on...
What do you think?

Then, for what concerns contact-less excitation, I'm studying a patch antenna capacitive-coupled at 3 GHz in LP. What about you? Can you give more informations about your design? We can exchange observations.
Do you have material or articles about it? (not IEEE)

Regards
Lupin

Re

hi lupin

that is a good idea to share expericence each other. recently, i am working out a switchable slot antenna for 38 AND 60 GHZ. I wish I can show you my new results sooner.

regards

Very Good Egliu!
we can echange ideas, configurations, measurements... but it's not enough! I'm writing a dedicated code for the analysis and optimization of microstrip patch antennas with and without radiating slots!
I'm going to finish and check it as soon as possible, so if you want, we can discuss also about it.

Best regards

Lupin

Hi Lupin
I am working on X&K band planar antenna array

Hi sugm,
Is it a slotted patch antenna array? What code are u using?
Tell me something more. I could try to use my owm code...

Regards
Lupin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back