Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Slot line problems: Charactersitic impedance & simulate in ADS or HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

newcomer1

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I am trying to learn about slotline. Please try to answer few of my queries:

1. Is there any paper that can give me characteristic equation formula from physical dimensions? (I am not asking for S/W)

2. In ADS line calc which one is slot line (the diagrams confused me)? SLIN or SLINO or SSLIN (i do not have ADS in this PC, so some of these names may be wrong, whatever) Update: I contacted Agilent. They said they do not have anything in ADS for slot line.:-(

3. I want to draw CPW to slot line conversion. Can this be done in ADS? Like, can I initiate two slotlines from two sides of a slotline? (may sound silly)
(this is my first post and I cannot post link of the photo :sad:)

4. Is HFSS better alternative for slotline, CPW simulation than ADS?

Thanks again. :idea:

---------- Post added at 07:18 ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 ----------

The thing I am trying to work:

Last edited:

I asked this question long time ago. I just wanted to share my finding if anyone needs the info.

1. I emailed (former) Agilent (who built the tool), asking if there is any way to simulate slot line in ADS. They replied that they do not have any slotline capability in ADS:-(

2. HFSS did the the trick. HFSS helped to ***** the problems and it was amazing in handling slotline simulations.

1. I emailed (former) Agilent (who built the tool), asking if there is any way to simulate slot line in ADS. They replied that they do not have any slotline capability in ADS:-(

I'm not sure what you asked. The Agilent support person might have misunderstood the question and answered that ADS has no circuit models for slotline. But of course all the EM simulators available in ADS (Momentum 2.5D and FEM 3D) can easily handle slotline simulations. Momentum can handle it most efficiently with the "slot" meshing algorithm where the slot is meshed instead of meshing the conductor.

@volker Thank you for pitching in.
I hope your input in this thread would be useful for someone working with slot lines in future.

Thank you a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back