Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

slot in power planes, return signal issues etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuit

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a four layer board with inner 1 as ground and inner 2 as power with 4 different islands on it having different Vdds. Now i am routing couple of signals of 4th layer and it goes over a break in the power plane(with different Vdds). now do i just put stitching capacitors on either side of the slot from Vdd to ground ? These are low frequency signal, say in 100s of khz.

Also when i put a via on my signal running on 1st layer to take it to 4th layer and route in there, what about the return signal. do i put caps here to facilitate the return signal to move to 3rd layer ?

My pcb manufacturer recommends pad/hole size as pad to be 10 mils greater than drill size for vias and 14 mils greater than drill size for TH components. now is it enough if i maintain this coz i read that 1.8 pad/hole ratio is followed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back