Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Slew rate problems at high frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh17g

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The slew rate of the opamp we consider Vp or Vp-p rite i.e.
SR = 2*pi*fmax*Vp-output
or
2*pi*fmax*Vp-p-output ?

my sine wave is of form Vout = 2.5(1+sin(wt)).
and by this, Slew Rate required for my circuit = 15.7V/us which is less than the one specified in datasheet(17V/us). So, would the slewrate limitation problem occur?

Maximum slope of a sine wave is 2*pi*Vp so that is the figure to use, not peak to peak. Bear in mind the values in the data sheet are "typical" and quoted at a specified load so it would be risky to assume you can run so close to the datasheet value. I would like a reasonable margin between what is theoretically required and what the opamp produces.

Keith.

Thanks keith1200rs,
But will it change for offsetted sinewave? This is because, when we consider a square wave it is 0 to 5V. In the diagrams and explanation of slew rate, as shown in https://www.amplifier.cd/Tutorial/Slew_Rate/SlewRate.htm of the square wave , they have not shown negative cycle of square wave. So, i substituted my sinewave(since its offsetted/unidirectional) for that square wave and then found that slew rate should be theoretically 2*pi*fmax*Vp-poutput

I cannot see why offset should make any difference until you are near the limits of the output voltage where the slew rate reduces.

While simulations are not a perfect, a quick simulation with the OP37 confirms that.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back