Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sleep Mode in PIC18F4620 wake up with I2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

fajardiary

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sleep Mode in PIC18F

Dear All,

I want to make a project using PIC18F4620. One of the requirement is it goes into Sleep mode. Does anybody know about what is sleep mode and how to access it? I am using MPLAB C18...

One more thing, the requirements said that it should wake up when there is an I2C signal. So I2C will automatically wake it up or do I have to wake it up manually?

Thanks,

Diary :|

Re: Sleep Mode in PIC18F

It's generally a good idea to consult a PIC datasheet. You should read particularly about power managed modes. Sleep mode is simply entered by executing a sleep instruction.

Regarding I2C, the 18F4620 datsheet tells:
While in Sleep mode, the I2C module can receive addresses or data and when an address match or complete byte transfer occurs, wake the processor from Sleep (if the MSSP interrupt is enabled).
I hope, this helps.

fajardiary

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Sleep Mode in PIC18F

Thanks FvM, so it is just to execute a sleep instruction..and if I obtain any match it will wake up? So do you know about the sleep instruction command and wake up command in MPLAB C18? Actually I use I2C to speak from a PIC18F4620. The I2C works for the master. But the slave always ACK any address that is sent to it...I don't know why (even when it is a mismatch) Do you know what's wrong?

Regards,

Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.