Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Size PMOS 2 or 3 times larger than NMOS in the inverter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the current through the mos control the rise and fall times. as the only thing which is advisable to vary are the (W/L) ratios of pmos and nmos, we can tweak them to get symmetrical rise and fall times. as far as I am concerned, there is no need to look for any other parameters..

as for a circuit to sense the perfect transition - u may have to go for a closed loop amplifier with CMFB so that the drive strength is varied until the output reaches 'vdd/2' for an input of 'vdd/2'

hope this helps..

@all: any other bright ideas for sensing transition and varying drive strength?

^
I was talkin about the circuit to sence the transition!
As u must be aware of miller effect which causes delay in IC's!
I am working towards sensing the transitions or bit patterens on the wire so that strength of repeater can be varied dynamically!

Added after 1 minutes:

Opposite transition or bit patteren are the worst case for delay due to miller effect!

Any circuit or Logic to sense this??

i was talking about this... tuning the inverter dynamically to get perfect ratios..
sorry but i did not understand your requirement.

Thanks!
However, I am looking for transition or bit patteren sensor and this too should be implemented in an IC and hence should be smallest possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back