Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIWave for DC Power Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidReina

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
siwave 3.5

I'm Trying to perform a Power Integrity Analysis on a PCB but I don't know how to do it. I want to add a voltage source to a power plane and watch where is the major concentration of current and wich temperature will it get. I know PowerDC from sigrity can do this kind of test but I don't have that software, I only have SIWave.

si wave licens

In version SIWave 3.5 you can setup a voltage source and a current source, and in the simulation menu you can perform a DC sim. as a result you will have the current density plot in your pwr and gnd plane :D.

SIWave is an Ansoft Tool, so it is not free. you may contact Ansoft and ask for a quotation, maybe they can send you a temporary version/license and you can try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back