Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sinusoidal pulse position modulation for TDC simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirac16

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am testing a time to digital converter to measure its dynamic nonlinearity. The TDC takes as input two signals and calculates the difference between their rise edges and represents the result in digital format. For that purpose I need to generate two input signals whose timing difference between their rising edges varies according to a 400ps p-p sinusoid with a frequency of 100kHz. I then want to take FFT and observe the harmonics and also measure SNR. So how to generate such signals in a simulator? I am using cadence virtuoso as my simulation tool.

Last edited:

You don't need to refer to TDC the answer the pure simulation question: How to generate pulse position modulation either in SPICE or Verilog A simulation?

You don't need to refer to TDC the answer the pure simulation question: How to generate pulse position modulation either in SPICE or Verilog A simulation?
Thank you, that is exactly what describes my question. I don't seem to be able to change the title, you may do so if it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.