Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sinusoidal histogram method

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoop835

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I came across exercise question in M. Burns and G.W Robert Book - An Introduction to Mixed Signal IC Test and Measurement (Page 467). The question goes like this:

'The distribution of code hits for an unsigned 4-bit ADC excited by a sinusoidal signal beginning with code 0------15 are as follows.

76, 20, 19, 19, 19, 18, 19, 18, 18, 19, 19, 19, 24, 25, 32, 60

My question is:

HOW DO I GET THE DISTRIBUTION OF CODE HITS AS SHOWN ABOVE?

IF I SIMULATE MY ADC USING HSPICE WITH SINEWAVE INPUT VOLTAGE AND PROBE THE OUTPUT VOLTAGE, WOULD I BE ABLE TO EXTRACT THE OUTPUT INFORMATION TO GET THE DISTRIBUTION OF CODE HITS?

I need this data for MATLAB routine to plot INL/DNL..

Appreciate any helps

thanks in advance

Put a DAC at the output from the ahdlLib and record the sinuoidal signal. Sample it and find out what code it is on every sampling instant.

Take the recorded data to matlab using printvs. and run the histo function on it.

===========

I am suggesting this, since manipulating all the digital signals, converting them to a value and recording them on every sampling instant would be difficult; although it is doable in verilog-A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back