Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

single transistor tuned transmitter please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

vead

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
single transistor tuned transmitter please help
hi everyone,i am trying to design single stage tuned transistor transmitter for short distance to learn the basic calculations of transmitter
i know i need following parts
amplifier circuit-the NPN single stage amplifier which amplify the signals
oscillator circuit- tuned circuit which use to create carrier signals
audio source-to convert audio signal in to voltage signals
antenna-to transmit Rf signal

i know only 20hz audio frequency
transmitter distance 30m
power supply 12v
operating frequency 50khz

(i am not sure that my transmitter operate this range i have no idea i only guess above value if i wrong please correct me )
i don't care bad quality of transmitter

i just wanna know how to design amplifier circuit ,what is gain for this transmitter what frequency generate throw tuned circuit for this transmitter
i am new so i have many basic problems please give me information how i can design single stage tuned transmitter what parameter i need

thanks to all

I would never recommend any transmitter with only one transistor. It implies the oscillator is connected directly to the load (antenna) and is therefore prone to external influences.

What you are asking for can be done however, but do you realize that 20Hz is below hearing range and 50KHz is a very low carrier frequency, a full wave antenna would be 6Km long!

Brian.

To radiate 50KHz, as Betwixt says you need a LOOOONG bit of wire, however if you wind your output coil on the largest ferrite rod you can find, you can generate a magnetic field that will work, but only in the direction of the rod. Your 30m range is as dependent on the receiver as it is on the transmitter (which also needs a bit ferrite rod aerial coil). The whole setup will be akin to the magnetic induction loop systems for the hard of hearing.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.