Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

single phase to 3 phase reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

aq_mishu

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
guys, I am in a bug question and cant find th proper ans in google.

I have single phase came in to my house. The energy company installed a 3phase 4 wire (whole current meter) meter to read the readings. So I need to know if it is possible to read energy of a single phase line using a 3 phase 4 wire line??

Also they did the same for my other house where I have 2 phase, 3 wire. (that I am sure, 2 live, one neutral). But the meter is still 3ph 4wire whole current meter.

I'm having ghost bills where I'm sure, there is no illegal connection. Thus can you guys please tell me if the connection is possible to read in this way along with a connection diagram please????

Mishu~

No problem at all. Presuming correct connecting, the 3-phase meter will record energy consumption of 1 to 3 phase circuit exactly. Unconnected phases simply don't contribute to the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.