Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

single phase motor rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassan ali

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello, sorry for my English

i have an ac single phase motor and it turns cw and i want to change it's rotation to rotate ccw all the time ,
so if there is a way to change it's rotation.

please answer me in short time.

First we need to know type of this motor
-induction motor or brushed type .
Both can be found several types again.
Is there dataplate in motor, what are markings and text in this plate
and if you can tell us, how many connection points and wires are in connection box of this motor
and what are markings there.
Better is , if you can send a drawning or photo of connection box and dataplate.

KAK

Last edited:

if it is a single phase ac motor with capacitor in it , interchange the two auxiliary winding connection for changing the direction of rotation.

Not arguing with the other more knowledgeable posts. Just in case this helps...

I once wanted to get opposite rotation from an AC motor (3/4 HP or so). I called an electrician and asked if he could rewire it. He said 'look for a switch-lever on the housing to change direction.'

I looked all around and there it was. I flipped it and it did the job.

I agree with FvM.

It's direction can only be reversed by disassembling the motor and turning the stator packet over, if it's built symmetrically.

Rotor turns to original direction in stator, but power is taken out opposite end of motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.