Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

single phase inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

fadhel93

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a project that inverts DC to AC. I have a problem as I increase the load, ripple occure in the DC bus voltage and the output signal become distorted.

hh.jpg
this is the circuit diagram

Hi,

This is only a snipet of a schematic. No information about bulk capacitors, power source, current, freqzency....

And there is no question. What do you want to know?

Klaus

The power source is 70v from DC to DC converter, and the mosfet drivers are fed with 20KHz PWM from mbed microcontroller, the Inverter is designed to handle 100watt, the question is why when I increase the load, the output signal is distorted. and ripple occure in the DC bus voltage (even when I supply the inverter from bench power supply)

What pattern of Ampere waveform is drawn from your DC supply?

When the power section draws large bursts of current, many times per second, it is liable to create ripple on the supply to the control section.

It might help you diagnose the trouble if you feed separate power leads to the different sections.

Also, consider installing a large value capacitor across the power leads where they connect to your circuit board.

your DC source is not sufficiently powerful, you need caps across your bridge...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back