Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single phase AC servo motor Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapil2910

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello sir,
I am really confused that how to control the speed (rpm) of my Single phase 1 HP Servo motor using PWM by PIC16F877A micro-controller.
What hardware and Code should i use to interface my 1 HP servo motor with PIC16F77A for controlling it's speed.
Please find attachment for specifications of the motor which i am having.
Please help, it's urgent........
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ASDA-A2-220V_Q_MUL_20100810.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 134

You can use delta servodrive. :lol:
Control System Design Guide, Fourth Edition: Using Your Computer to Understand and Diagnose Feedback Controllers [Hardcover]
George Ellis (Author)

Last edited:

thanks for the rply........... But i don't want to use the delta servodrive, instead i want to control the motor rpm using PWM by PIC micro controller PIC6F877A. But confused about hardware section that how to interface 1HP Single phase servo motor with my PIC16F877A. what components should i use...... Please help. Thanks in advance .

Is there any one who can help me out...???

Is there any one who can help me out...???
What kind help do you need to write the code for you? You need start learn power electronics, pic programming and control systems.
Control System Design Guide, Fourth Edition: Using Your Computer to Understand and Diagnose Feedback Controllers [Hardcover]
George Ellis (Author)

**broken link removed**

Last edited:

I don't understand the question because all servo motors shown in the Delta instruction sheet are three-phase types.

Which motor are you referring to, what do you want to control, the motor or motor with servo drive?

On page 6 of the datasheet you provided, there are some connection diagrams with a block diagram of the controller's internal architecture.

You can get a sense of the complexity involved. For starters, you require a DSP, a single microcontroller won't be powerful enough to calculate all the vectors in realtime.

Additionally, there are the risks of driving a high voltage three-phase bridge.

As Yura717 has correctly advised, this is not something that can be answered in a paragraph or two. It requires lots and lots of reading, code writing and experimenting. You'll need access to good instrumentation like a four channel oscilloscope with high voltage differential probes, and an isolated AC source. In addition to good DSP develpment tools.

EDIT: I'm talking about large AC powered servomotors, since that is what you have shown in the datasheet. There are much simpler RC-type servos.

To get a first idea, review Microchip AN967 "Induction Motor Control".

Reactions: yura717

yura717

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You could use transistors to controll it. connect the base to chip, and then collector too 12v or what your vcc is.

Status
Not open for further replies.