Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

single nmos lvs - four "missing port " errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian.Y.Jin

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
single nmos lvs

Dear All,

I'm currently working on a single transistor layout. The transistor has four pins in the schematic (namely, gate, source, drain and bulk). In the layout, I define four pins accordingly, using 'pin' layer for both pins and labels. But after LVS, none of the pins are recognized, and I have four ** missing port ** errors. Anybody has encountered same problem? Thanks.

Best Regards,
Ian Jin

single nmos lvs

Did the layout extraction work correctly?

Re: single nmos lvs

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, currently I'm working with an immature designkit, no extraction tool available yet. Any other way to look around this problem?

An interesting observation is that, once I put this transistor in a higher-level circuit (e.g., a cascode stage), th LVS for the single transistor part is without errors, but with two warnings:
1. Extra ports in source (i.e., Gate);
2. Ambiguity points were found and resolved arbitrarily (i.e., ambiguity about 1 net).

Does this ring a bell for you? Thanks.

Best Regards,
Ian Jin

single nmos lvs

AFAIK LVS without extraction doesn't work correctly.

Re: single nmos lvs

Hi,

It turned out that for the designkit I'm currently using, the 'pintext' (instead of 'pin') layer should be used for the pin definition. After the changes, the lvs is clean.

Cheers,
Ian Jin

single nmos lvs

Thanks for your feedback! So it works without extraction; this was unknown to me: I always had to extract before LVS. Congratulations!
Cheers, erikl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back