Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

single layer pcb design using protel

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisely77

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
single layer pcb designing

hi,

is anyone know how to design a single layer pcb in protel.

i try to switch off the top layer and only using the bottom layer to route. the result is very messy and it difficult for hand-make pcb.

it there any way to set the rules so that i only draw on one layer and use via plus jumper wayer to connect between tracks.

as i know, eagle come with one sample of single layer pcb just like what i need.

hope someone can give me some hints.
thank you.

wisely

single layer pcb with protel

just go to the rules, under design layers select top layer: NOT USED, botom layer: ANY. that works

enjoy urself

But, if you whant to autoroute single layer PCB , I hope that you use Spec.ctra...

NeuralC

specctra

where can one find specctra?

hi,

i think richmon74 misunderstanding my question. i do disable the top layer and only enable bottom layer to any direction. i'm successfully route my board in only one layer. but the problem is that the tracks look very messy.

i hope to config p*otel to route only in one layer with vias + jumper wires.

it is possible to do this in p*otel.

i don't have specctra and i hope i don't need so many software to do a simple job like this :)

thank for advice.

wisely

when u are doing single layer pcb...it is always better to manual route the board..

placement of jmpers can be more handy and afterall..iam not expecting a complex net structure u planning to implement on single layer.. :idea:

so why not spoiling time for autorouter..u could have fininsh ur job by this time..

hi,

i have one query regarding the two layer board.

Please tell m the rules to avoid the shorting of tracks when i am trying to autoroute most of the track are shorted. Please help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back